Thursday, February 16, 2012

Welcome Aboard

What this blog is:

This is a blog devoted to the critical literary analysis of Star Trek The Next Generation. I know, you're thinking: "Dear god why????"
And you may be right. Many episodes, I wont lie, of STTNG are not really worth the trouble of a critical analysis. Nor are many episodes literary in any way, especially in the start of the series. However why the fuck not?

I intend for this blog to be a good in depth look at STTNG because, well, i like the show and some of it does merit analysis. Also i want to make fun of it as much as possible. It definitely merits that, especially between seasons 1-3. But, truth be told, I really love the show. I grew up with it and I still think it can be pretty bad ass.

I will try to organize all the posts as well as possible. All will be in order as i watch the series in order. I will watch a episode a week and comment on it. I would love comments as you may or may not agree with me. If you have a favorite episode, awesome, let me know, lets start a dialogue. I may go off on tangents, so suck it.

Welcome.

2 comments:

  1. A punk-loving, politically aware Trekkie... my goodness. What else don't we know about you?

    My Dad loves Star Trek and I remember watching some episodes with him when I was a kid. I know more useful things about Star Trek: Voyager than I do Star Trek: The Next Generation (i.e. Seven of Nine was a TOTAL fox).

    It's too bad that Blogger won't let you personalize the timestamp on your posts to read: Captain's Log, Stardate ######. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought was "Oh sweet god they found me" but if anyone could have, i am glad it was you since your blog is my go to for Whitman. Though i may not comment all the time, i certainly do appreciate your wit and humor. So thank god it was you. I like Star Trek: The Next Generation and watched it with my parents too. But i am more interested in using my skills i have learned in classes for interpretation and analysis. It may not be a "worthy" text, but certainly some episodes are good and well, its good practice!

      Not to say i don't love science fiction and STNG, i do, but i want to practice what we are all learning on my own terms!

      Delete